Friday, July 12, 2013

MySQL Database Provisioning Automation @ Facebook

An article I wrote was posted to the Facebook Engineering blog, about the automation system I worked on at Facebook for MySQL Database Provisioning.

It covers, in fairly intimate detail, a system called "Windex" that we use to provision and re-provision our MySQL databases at Facebook. This system basically provisioned the new Facebook Datacenter in LuleƄ, Sweden, with very little human effort, saving us loads of time.

So, if you're curious about some of what it is that has been taking up all my time for the last year and some, or if you're just always curious about how Facebook is doing things, go check it out.

2 comments:

  1. That blog is not visible for me as non facebook family member.
    Would you mind and post it in a way, so being with only a couple of friends could read it too? :)

    Regards
    erkuls

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am able to view it when not logged into FB

    ReplyDelete